*Insert Title* by *Insert Author* shows how *some way humans fuck up* in *society/theworld/politics
And ends like this:
People in *society/the world/politics/morals fuck up* a lot, but *are unaware/aware/disgreard* and if we want to *improve/advance society* we must *insert inspirational bullshit*.
It was okay at first, but after ten I lost the goddamn drive to keep writing them. I was actually told on my first response (although I wasn't penalized for it) that I shouldn't have made a joke in a story analysis. Let me make this clear, I was being told I could NOT PROPERLY EXPRESS MYSELF IN MY WRITING. I don't care if it's an analysis, George Carlin was an analyst solely with jokes, so is Lewis Black, Carlos Mencia, Jeff Dunham and every other damn comedian.
I'm fucking sick of guidelines. First we need to have a thesis right at the damn beginning, well what if I can 't start the essay with a thesis without it sounding like shit? "Rewrite it." Fuck you. Then they put the writing MAXIMUM amount. Minimum, I understand, but MAXIMUM? Okay then, i'll just limit my creative abilities so that you get paid for less work, yeah that's fine. If I write a goddamn 10 page paper when I only could have 7, that SHOULD SAY SOMETHING ABOUT MY WRITING ABILITIES. Although they'd probably write it off as filler. And then we come to our last and most frequent culprit, the double-fucking-space. I'll be honest, I hate doublespace. Sure it makes it easier to write, but I can write singlespace perfectly fine and reach the requirements, I've written 30 pages of a story single space in one sitting before, 2 page doublespaced is a joke to me. I highly doubt you'd be told to use double-space in ANYTHING professional, but yet again it's another thing that makes the teachers job easier. So far, the only teacher to break that is my religion teacher who has the balls to look at something with single-spaced typing. When I look at something double-spaced I've written I look at all the blank dead space and cringe, realizing that the last time I got to use single-spaced was in GRAMMAR SCHOOL.
From now on, I'm going to be writing ALL assignments that utilize "creative" writing in my way. Fuck their limitations, they're bureaucratic thesis placement and all that bs. I refuse to sacrifice my writing skills to make someone's job easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment